Call Us
Back to Motorcycle Insurance Home

Got questions? We’ve got answers!

Got motorcycle insurance questions? We have answers! Learn about available coverages, how to get a Dairyland Cycle policy started, roadside assistance, money-saving discounts, and more!

Scroll below to find answers to commonly asked inquiries. If you still have motorcycle insurance coverage questions, please call us at 800-334-0090.

I’m traveling to the United States. Can I buy cycle insurance for my trip?

Yes, you can. We offer a Dairyland Cycle® temporary motorcycle insurance policy for your visit to the United States. Getting a policy in place before you leave home is easy with the Dairyland Cycle Safe Trip (Visit USA) program. We can provide insurance whether you bring your own motorcycle, or rent or buy one here. Find out more about our Safe Trip program here.

How do I get a safety training course discount?
What better way to get a discount, than to take a safety training course? Whether you’ve been riding for years…or months… a training course will offer something for riders of every skill level. Visit the Motorcycle Safety Foundation website for a list of training courses near you. And don’t forget to note that you’ve taken a training course when you request a quote.
I own a moped or scooter. Do you offer insurance for me?
We sure do. More and more people are using mopeds or scooters for quick trips or commuting to school or work. Many states require basic insurance to cover the cost of losses you cause to others in an accident. Moped and scooter insurance is typically less expensive than motorcycle insurance. Get an online quote here.
What kinds of discounts do you offer?
Dairyland makes available several discounts to our riders. If you own more than one cycle, own a home, have taken a motorcycle safety course, or are a member of a riding group, you might be eligible for a discount. You’ll have a chance to request your discount during the quote process.
Can I buy my Dairyland Cycle® policy directly through you or can I go to an agent?
You can do either. Our website allows you to get a quote, make payments, and settle claims. However, we have a great relationship with all of our independent agents who can assist you as well. Simply enter your zip code here, and you’ll get a list of agents who can help you with a Dairyland Cycle policy.
What kinds of coverage options do you offer?
No matter what state you live in, you are required to carry a basic insurance policy. Beyond that, most states have specific requirements. When you get a quote, your state-based options will be shown to you. So, it’s important to know what all of the options are for. Click here to get a full list of coverage options.
Do you help with flat tires…or other mechanical breakdowns?
Roadside assistance is an available add-on coverage for all policyholders. Roadside Assistance can provide emergency service to your motorcycle due to battery failure, flat tire, lock-out, or mechanical or electrical breakdown. You will also be covered for immediate need of fuel, oil, fluid, or water, along with towing services to the nearest qualified service facility if required. Click here for a link to more information on our Roadside Assistance coverage.
Why isn’t Dairyland Cycle® insurance offered in my state?
To offer insurance policies, our cycle policies must be approved by each state’s office of the Commissioner of Insurance. A network of independent agents helps you purchase your insurance. We’re working hard to be the best motorcycle insurance company, not the biggest.
Do I need insurance for my bike while it’s in storage?
Need? Yes. Required? No. But think carefully about your choice. Your motorcycle is still at risk for a comprehensive loss, even if it is sitting in your garage or in a storage facility.