This year marks the 10th annual Lake of the Ozarks Bikefest. Reaching the age of 10 for a motorcycle event means the promoters and host community must be working hard to welcome riders. Especially when one considers this is not a traditional motorcycle rally with a single main focal point or rally headquarters. Yet upwards of 30,000 motorcycle riders flock to the event in an average year. The Lake of the Ozarks Convention & Visitor Bureau provides support for promoting the event, but it truly is regional. Pretty cool when the business community of a resort area puts out the motorcycle rider’s welcome mat!
Recreational area plays host
Situated in the Lake of the Ozarks recreational area, the event benefits from bountiful accommodations, services, and recreational opportunities. The Ozark Mountains offer some of the best mountain motorcycle riding roads between the Great Smoky Mountains and the Rocky Mountains. The 92-mile-long main channel of the lake offers 1,150 miles of shoreline on the reservoir created by the Bagnell Hydroelectric Dam, providing ample opportunities to get off the motorcycle and relax by the water.
Lots of great things to do
Before riding to the event, it’s a good idea to check their website as new events are being added frequently. Here is a list of some event highlights:
- Lake of the Ozarks bike night
- More than 50 live music and entertainment shows
- Laurie hillbilly fair
- Audience participation murder mystery dinner
- Big Bikefest auction
- 4th annual ALR car & bike show
- Ride in bike shows
- Burn out pits
- Bike games
- Riding skills competition course
- Sport bike stunt shows
- Bike builder displays
- Two motorcycle giveaways
Some of the popular venues
- Camden on the Lake, 2359 Bittersweet Road, Lake Ozark, Missouri, 888-365-5620
- Picklehead's Roadhouse, 1013 State Road TT, Sunrise Beach, Missouri, 573-207-8366
- Lake of the Ozarks Harley Davidson, 6482 Osage Beach Pkwy, Osage Beach, Missouri, 573-302-7600
- Bagnell Dam Strip, Downtown Osage Beach, Missouri
Key event information:
Location: Lake Ozark, Missouri
Dates: September 15-18
Hop on your motorcycle and explore another type of rally adventure. It’s a beautiful region and has locals who like motorcycle riders.
Till next time, ride safe!