It’s the longest-running motorcycle charity ride in America—Ride for Kids. Starting as a grassroots event in 1984, the charity has grown nationwide, raising more than $70 million. That money led to the creation of the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation in 1991, which works to find a cure for childhood brain cancers and care for the children and families impacted by them.
The first Ride for Kids
Mike and Dianne Traynor organized the very first ride in Atlanta, Georgia, 34 years ago and raised $4,000. They came up with the idea after seeing the struggles one of Mike’s co-workers faced after their child was diagnosed with a brain tumor. Along with other dedicated motorcyclists who combined their passion for riding and a heartfelt compassion for children, they created the annual charity ride. Now, Ride for Kids events can be found around the country, including:
- Hudson Valley Ride for Kids – August 5, 2018
- Western Pennsylvania Ride for Kids – August 5, 2018
- St. Louis Ride for Kids – August 19, 2018
- Asheville Ride for Kids – August 25, 2018
- New England Ride for Kids – August 26, 2018
- Puget Sound Ride for Kids – September 16, 2018
- Philadelphia Ride for Kids – September 23, 2018
- Mississippi Ride for Kids – September 23, 2018
- Baltimore/Washington Ride for Kids – September 23, 2018
- Deals Gap Ride for Kids – September 29, 2018
- Northern California Ride for Kids – October 7, 2018
- Dallas/Fort Worth Ride for Kids – October 14, 2018
- Las Vegas Ride for Kids – October 14, 2018
- Los Angeles Ride for Kids – October 21, 2018
Consider joining a ride near you.
Ride for Kids
Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation
302 Ridgefield Ct.
Asheville, NC 28806
Till next time, ride safe!
Check out some other places to visit across the country in our Rides section.
Meet your coverage needs for the trip you have planned. Interested in Roadside Assistance?
Want a little extra protection for incidentals while enjoying the ride? Trip Interruption is just one of the many coverage options we offer.