Accidents happen. Unfortunately, that’s life. However, how we react to them can make things easier down the road.
Here are seven things to do if you’re in a car accident:
- Stop—don’t leave the accident scene.
- Move to a safe area, out of traffic if possible.
- Stay calm.
- Get help for anyone injured.
- Call the police.
- Collect the following information:
- Name, phone number, insurance company, and policy number of the other driver(s).
- Photos of your vehicle and the other vehicles involved.
- Lastly, don’t admit fault. Simply gather the facts as best you’re able. Liability is more complicated than you might think—our claims professionals will sort it out.
Collect all the information you can. Then, if you’re a Dairyland® customer, call 800-334-0090 to report your auto claim.
We’ll take it from there—you’ve been through enough.