It’s best to do so immediately. Here’s why.
Even a small crack is at risk after it occurs, because all it takes is one bump to turn it into a big one. To ensure your safety, if your windshield cracks and impairs your vision, it’s best to get it fixed immediately. To report an auto glass claim, call us at 800-334-0090.
If you wish, when you call, we can transfer you to a service that will coordinate the scheduling of your auto glass repair or replacement at your shop of choice and location of choice, which includes your home or place of employment.
Before reporting a claim, make sure you have the following:
Repair your windshield or have it replaced?
- Your policy number
- Vehicle year, make, model and style
- Date of loss/incident
Good News! A damaged windshield doesn’t always need to be replaced. If your windshield has minor damage, such as a chip or crack smaller than a dollar bill, it’s probably repairable.
The advantages to having your windshield repaired right away are:
- Protect you and your vehicle: Hit a pot hole and even a small crack can shatter and spray you and your passengers with glass. Plus, a windshield repair helps maintain the structural integrity of your vehicle as the original factory-installed seal remains in place.
- Save money: Dairyland may waive your comprehensive deductible for windshield repairs.
- It’s fast: The windshield repair process takes only about 30 minutes.
- Be satisfied: If your windshield cracks farther or you are not satisfied with the repair, the cost of the repair to Dairyland is credited and applied toward a windshield replacement (comprehensive deductible will apply).